What services do you provide?
- Gestalt Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Clinical Supervision
What fees do you charge?
- An initial free 15 minute phone consultation is available.
- The fee is $150 for a one-hour session (a sliding scale or concession can be negotiated on request).
- 24 hours notice of cancellation is required (exceptions apply for emergencies).
What Professional Code of Ethics are you bound by?
- Psychotherapists & Counsellors Federation of Australia (PACFA)
- Gestalt Australia and New Zealand (GANZ)
When is it a good time to seek a psychotherapist?
Questions you might want to consider:
- Are you going through a difficult situation or transition in your life and could use some help and support?
- Would you like to improve or maintain an important relationship in your life?
- Are you attached to a dysfunctional relationship and need help letting go?
It can take strength and courage to know when you need help. When you are in the midst of a problem it may seem overwhelming or impossible to resolve. Talking to friends and family can be helpful but sometimes it is not enough.
You may need a psychotherapist who can journey with you to assist you in gaining awareness, insight and clarity. Psychotherapy can provide long-term benefits in your life.
How long should I stay in therapy?
The length of time we work together in therapy is entirely up to you and you can decide your duration of treatment, whether long term or short term. You can terminate with me whenever you are ready. Where our work extends beyond eight weeks, to allow us a proper conclusion to our work together I recommend a termination process of 2-3 sessions. Long-term work does have the benefit of an even stronger therapeutic relationship and increased opportunity for further personal growth.
Are the therapy sessions confidential?
Standard practice is that the therapy sessions are completely confidential except under three circumstances:
- From time to time I will discuss my work with a clinical supervisor, this is standard practice and helps me to work as well as I can with you. My supervisor is bound by the same code of ethics and confidentiality as myself.
- If I believe you are at risk of harming yourself or others, I reserve the right to break confidentiality in order to prevent harm. However, I would only do this in extreme circumstances and would always try to discuss it with you first before taking any action.
- If required by a court of law to give evidence or if case notes are subpoenaed (e.g., in criminal proceedings).
Can I get a Medibank Private Rebate?
Yes, I have a Medibank Private Provider Number. Medibank Private rebates for counselling are available to Medibank Private members with appropriate policies. To make a claim, members must have a policy with the package bonus feature. For more information please contact me to discuss further or contact Medibank Private to check your eligibility.
Can I get a Medicare Rebate?
No, currently psychotherapists and counsellors do not get the rebate.
The Medicare Better Health Scheme is a government initiative that allows patients with a mental health illness to get rebates for up to 10 counselling sessions per annum. You will need a referral to a psychologist from your GP. The approach to this form of counselling largely follows a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy model.